Our Educators ensure that they provide the best possible care to protect our children from harm whilst respecting their dignity, individual needs and privacy.
We believe that children should learn to care for and love and respect one another and our pets, which is all part of the fun and learning your child will experience whilst with an Educator from CK FDC.
We believe in the motto "Be Limitless" and want our children to feel like they can do anything they strive to do in their now and their future.
We strive to provide positive experiences through quality programming to all children in our care regardless of background, beliefs or physical & mental abilities.
We encourage and support family involvement and will endeavour to keep our families well informed of programming and other useful information.
- Belonging: Acknowledges children’s independence with others (family, a cultural group, a neighbourhood, and a wider community) and the basis of relationships in defining identities.
- Being: recognises the importance of the here and now in children’s lives.
- Becoming: reflects the process of rapid and significant change that occurs in the early years.
In respect to children we believe:
We value The Early Years Learning Framework and My Time Our Place it will be our guide to care and educate. This will allow young children to develop a sense of belonging, whilst being a child in the here and now, and also acknowledge the rapid change and growth of who they are becoming.
We believe Partnership with Children, Families, Educators and Staff is important in promoting the growth and development within the At Home Family Day Care Scheme. We pride ourselves on offering a professional, competent and reliable service. We believe being in partnership is like we are in the journey together to enrich the children’s lives.
We believe in conservation, caring for our environment and having sustainable practices to care for our world. In attaining this we believe in collaborative and united effort from Families, Educators and Staff in promoting to children the importance of Sustainability.
We believe that hard work and team work is vital and important in the foundation of our service to succeed. We strive to be committed, passionate and dedicated in providing continuous improvement within our service. We believe that this is the key and foundation for our service to progress and succeed.
The values upon which CK FDC operates include:
- Children’s physical, emotional and social needs are met in a safe, caring and supportive environment.
- The best interests of the child are the paramount concern.
- Educators provide care in a way that protects the child from harm; respects the child’s dignity and privacy, promotes the child’s wellbeing and provides positive experiences to the child.
- Educators provide meaningful programs which incorporate elements of play with real-life experiences.
- Educators provide a flexible program and daily routine that is guided by children’s interests and abilities.
- Educators provide a home environment and helps guide the children to gain self-help skills and instil confidence for their future.
- CK FDC recognise freedom of choice in experiences, balanced with age-appropriate programming.
- Children, parents and staff of CK FDC, are treated with respect and their views in relation to the proper operation of our scheme are considered and valued.
- CK FDC recognises and respects parents as primarily responsible for the upbringing, protection and development of their children – and we aim to support parents in that role.
- We encourage and welcome open discussion on all issues relevant to CK FDC Educators and Scheme operation.